The above is second attempt at improving this photo. I’m not sure why I’m so intent on posting this… at about this point, I don’t think I even like it! But, it has been a good photo for trying out the Topaz bundle and Topaz InFocus. For the above, I cropped it, ran it through deNoise and then InFocus… and then cleaned up the photo a bit in Aperture. And it still looks OOF.
ISO 400; f/2.8; 1/20; 7.7mm (Canon Powershot SD950 IS)
Still in November themes… I took this with this theme in mind… just didn’t get around to posting it!
I tried using the Topaz ReMask to show the whole plate and the placement with leaves… but this proved to be more difficult because of the shadow around the edge of the plate. So I decided to try a different approach… by cropping it, which I decided I liked better than the whole plate.
I am also experimenting with Topaz InFocus and am finding that program is more difficult to use as well. I think I ran this photo through deNoise more than twice… but not sure. I also used Apertures brushes to paint in detail on the leaves… and touch up to get rid of the some of the ceramic plate flaws. Anyway, if I sound vague, it is because I started this same photo from scratch about 5 times trying different things.