When I first saw the theme “brown” I thought “UPS” — thus when I was working on Friday and our UPS man came in to deliver a package… I couldn’t help but ask him if I could take his photo. He didn’t mind since everyone that was in the office at the time had already complimented him on his new hat.
The weird thing is, when I finally pulled the image out of the camera this morning, his uniform looked army green, not brown. “What, the heck?,” I said to myself. The UPS logo was still brown, the counter top was still brown and I could see other hints of brown. But not the uniform and hat. How’s that for irony!
Regardless, I proceeded to make these changes hoping for the best in the end:
1) Cropped the image so UPS man filled more of the frame.
2) Auto enhance preset in Aperture
3) Topaz Clean – Stylized Detail (toned the results down a bit through adjustments)
4) Back in Aperture, changed the Green Hue to be more yellow. I then painted the skin to remove the effects of the “yellow.”
5) Decreased the saturation of the Red hue (the orange lantern in the background was annoying me).
6) Decreased the Blue saturation — the chair in the background was too blue.
And there you have it… my UPS man.