Nov 042010
 

longhorn JC-correct 724

Wow!  This new Topaz bundle is fun!  Let’s see if I remember everything I did.

First… this is two photos.  I processed each of these in Aperture before opening them in Photoshop Elements 6.  I used the Topaz remask tool to cut out the longhorn skeleton heads.  The original photo was taken back in January and the heads were resting on the usual gravel that appears in half my photos.  I then ran the skeleton heads through Topaz adust to bring out the details and then placed these on a layer in the backround image.  I decided the background was too dominate, so I made a copy and then reduced it to 75% opacity.

I then decided that it needed a frame to tie it all together, so I followed (well sort of followed) Doris’ instructions on how to make a frame.

Then I imported it all back to Aperture and added the signature before exporting out in .jpg format.  I discovered that my plug-in software for the signature wouldn’t let me place it high enough in the photo to appear on the photo… that is why it is on the frame.  Let me know if that bugs you.

I suspect I may have done a few other things to the photos but it has taken me several evenings to do this.  I shall start keeping better notes.