The Friday Tip regarding simplicity was from earlier this month…. I took this photo soon after reading the tip but held onto it because it just didn’t seem that interesting. But now that I’m getting better with Aperture, I thought I’d try a few post-processing techniques to pull out the potential. So here’s what I did:
1) Crop — this building is the La Paz County Justice Court. I had wanted the cleanest part of the building only. Although I photographed just this part of the building, it still had nuisance details that needed to be eliminated.
2) Cropped again — decided that there was too much blue sky.
2) Adjusted the red hue to bring out the pink in the building. Real building is more beige than coral.
3) Adjusted the overall levels. This brightened the photo.
4) Adjusted the shadows.. this gave more depth to the building.
5) Retouched a tiny speck that was bugging me.