October 22, 2008 — The wind is really, really blowing today. We were going to drive out to the Imperial Sand Dunes today, but no go. All that sand blowing around? Forget about it! As it was, there is so much sand in this area that we could not even see the mountains off in the distance. This is not smog, this is sand! There was an older ex-marine that we talked to yesterday who said he chose Yuma over Tucson because it rains less. Hmmm… not sure if rain is worse than sand.
Since sightseeing was out of the question, we did laundry, read books, and looked at maps. We don’t know what we are doing tomorrow (or the rest of our life, for the matter)!
Here’s our options:
1) Go North to Portland, Oregon via California and see if we actually like the city that we first set our sights on.
2) Go to Tucson and get a place to stay for a month, while we make up our mind if we should stay the rest of the winter.
3) Go to RC Hobby event in Las Vegas for the weekend and postpone decisions until Monday.
4) Go east to Florida — and look for a used RV — and stick feet in ocean.
5) Do a marathon ride home to say Happy Birthday to my Mom. (Don’t worry Mom, we aren’t going to do #5 — it’s too cold! I’ll call you instead.)